The Office of the Service Complaints Ombudsman provides independent and impartial oversight of the Service complaints system for members of the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom. Our customer charter outlines our commitment to you and what you can expect from us at every stage of the process. It also states what we need from you in order to deliver a quality service.
Our commitment to you
At every stage of the process we will treat you with courtesy and respect. We will also:
- provide information that is clear and easy to understand
- explain our role and what we can and cannot do
- act openly and transparently
- keep your personal information stored securely and not share it without your permission
- undertake our work in a fair and impartial manner
- listen to your feedback and continually strive to improve the service we offer
- work with the Ministry of Defence, including the individual Services, to help them deliver a Service complaints system that is efficient, effective and fair
- publish information about the work of our office and the Service complaints system
- signpost you to an appropriate service or organisation if we cannot help you
What we need from you
So that we can provide an efficient and effective service, we need you to:
- treat all of our staff with courtesy and respect
- provide truthful and accurate information in a timely manner
- engage in the process at all stages
If you, as a user of our services, consistently fail to meet your responsibilities under this charter we reserve the right to place restrictions on your access to our services.
Feedback about our service
If at any time you think we are not meeting our commitment to you, please let us know.
You can contact us by emailing at email@example.com